Come recharge with your community energy community. It has never been more important for us to share, learn, collaborate, plan and inspire.
The community energy movement, like everyone and everything, has been through a heck of a period. We are a hardy lot, used to being resilient, reimaginers and resourceful. Yet, to be renewable we need to reflect and recharge. Some of us have almost been dormant in this time, some of us have never been busier. What next and how in these times?
Inspired by the success of previous open practitioner and group focused events, especially the ones hosted by Regen and Community Energy London, this event is being put together as a weekend gathering offering the chance for people to get together to discuss the current opportunities and challenges that we’re facing, get to know each other, relax, learn and offer the possibility of some fun!
- 13:00 Tea/coffee on arrival, intro to the site, settling in
- 14:30 Introduction to the two days and the people attending, topics generation
- 15:00 Themed topic discussion in groups for 1 hour -1
- 16:15 Themed topic discussion in groups for 1 hour- 2
- 17:15 Break- refreshments
- 17:30 Walk and tour of the onsite renewables, wood fuelled boiler and solar array and hopes for Selgars Mill sustainable energy future
- 19:30 Community prepared energising vegetarian feast- catered by all of us. We will need cooks and communal food- please come forward if you are well resourced, keen or experienced.
- 21:00 Bonfire or film, music, sustainable stand-up? Or contemplate somewhere. It is your event, you choose!(Selgars Mill has multiple instruments but please bring your own). Make suggestions to the event team or just bring something along/
- 08:00 90 mins for breakfast. Even some Yoga or Tai Chi (if anyone wants to lead a session please come forward!)inside or outside.
- 09.30 Check in and updates
- 10:00 Group walk and discussion on the future of community energy in urban and rural settings
- 11:00 Themed topic discussion in groups for 1 hour- 3
- 12:00 Last themed topic discussion in groups for 1 hour- 4
- 13:00 What next: Pledges, preparedness and partnerships
- 13.30 Lunch
- 14.30 Reflection on the event circle, clearing up and goodbyes
- 15:00 Departure or free time for those that want to stay an extra night for a nominal extra cost
Coast, Dartmoor, quiet reading in a nook on the campus, dancing in the garden? Up to you!
- 11:00 Final clearing up
- 12:00 Latest departure time