Electricity North West's Empowering our Communities Fund will be open to applications again at the end of September. It takes applications from community and local energy groups across the North West who aim to tackle energy-related issues at a local level, especially those that want to reduce their carbon footprint. The Fund brings together their commitment to support vulnerable customers and communities and local energy to combine both into one fund.
Groups can apply for up to £15,000 for projects to support the development of community and local energy in Electricity North West's region. This year they are particularly looking for projects that bring something new to the sector in their region. It could be an idea that has been developed outside their region or one that hasn’t been tried before anywhere. They are also looking to work with communities that are not currently represented by a community or local energy group. The fund is designed to support projects that help to overcome some of the main barriers facing the sector.
Join Electricity North West for a free Empowering our Communities Fund webinar at 4pm, 24 September to find out more about this year's fund and how to apply. It will also feature previous fund winners who will talk about how they have used their grant.
If you work with communities in their region and have a project Electricity North West might like to support you should attend this event to find out more about what they are looking for.
- Jill Hendry, Partnership and Welfare Business Lead at Electricity North West
- Helen Seagrave, Community and Local Energy at Electricity North West
- 4.00 Introduction and welcome
- 4.10 Jill Hendry – Introduction to vulnerable customer pot
- 4.15 Vulnerable customer project partners case studies
- 4.45 Helen Seagrave – Introduction to community and local energy pot
- 4.50 Community and local energy fund case studies
- 5.20 Empowering our communities fund 2020 details and Q&A with Jill and Helen