This is the second of six Community Energy London lunchtime workshops over a period six months supported by the Greater London Authority designed for community groups and voluntary organisations who want to host an energy advice project in their local area and provide practical support and guidance for those living in fuel poverty.
In this workshop you’ll get:
- an overview of key funders
- hear from organisations about applying to their funds
- meet others on a similar road
- come away with useful tips for writing strong bids including a preparation template to use, regardless of what type of funders your research points you to.
Invited organisations and funder Energy Redress, UK Power Network's Power Partners funding, Greenfunders.org.uk and Action Funder. You will also hear the latest about working with one of CEL's more established members South East London Community Energy (Selce.org.uk)about funding activity from refering suitable households for energy efficiency grants.
- Welcome and introduction - Alex Hartley CEL Fuel Poverty Co-ordinator
- Benefits of using a Project Initiation Document (PID) before starting to seek funding: don't put the cart before the horse!
- Alex Hartley CEL Fuel Poverty Co-ordinator
- Breakout groups using the PID template and case study (25 mins)
- Hearing from funders and key things they want to see in bids
- Alternative sources of income such as refering people for grants - Dr. Giovanna Speciale, Selce
- Summary, upcoming sessions and thanks
- 2pm Close
All are welcome.
If you have any questions or accessibility needs please email email@example.com