The current Covid-19 crisis has heightened public awareness of the climate change emergency and the urgent need to scale-up and accelerate decarbonisation if we are to meet the Government’s net zero target of 2050.
Greater Manchester has unique potential to lead the way in green innovation and to “power-up” the green jobs, skills and investment needed and, at the same time, deliver its bold ambitions to be carbon neutral by 2038.
Powering up Greater Manchester will bring together MPs and other political and business leaders across Greater Manchester to talk about the impact and response to the Covid-19 pandemic and how Greater Manchester channel its resources to build back better and accelerate a green economic recovery on its road to net zero.
KEY QUESTIONS ON THE AGENDA:
How can GM lead the way on Net Zero and the Green Recovery?
- What is GM's Net Zero and the Green Recovery plans?
- How can GM accelerate its low carbon ambitions, ensure energy security and guarantee a fair price for the consumer?
- Could a regions-led policy boost green jobs, renewables, and investment?
- What are the major challenges for GM in terms of decarbonisation and meeting net zero targets?
- What should devolved energy agreements between local and central government look like?
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.