The Assistant Advisor will work as part of PEC's Energy Team and help deliver a range of services which tackle fuel poverty and domestic energy issues as well as improving the circumstances and wellbeing of residents in Plymouth.
This is a varied role which includes:
- Home visits to advise on reducing energy bills, increasing comfort and staying warm and well
- income maximisation (including benefit checks) through to fuel debt advice
- Assisting the project management of physical works to prevent damp, cold and inefficient homes
- Training volunteers and partner organisations (PEC Pals).
The successful candidate will be employed as a Plymouth City Council employee, under a service level agreement with Plymouth Energy Community. You will be based at Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth. Full training will be provided and includes a City and Guilds level 3 qualification in Energy Awareness.
Please contact PEC if you are:
- Approachable, positive and enjoy working with people of all backgrounds
- Passionate about customer service and supporting people to improve their circumstances
- Practical and enjoy learning new skills
- Able to meet targets and maintain a high level of customer service