Leading a team of four, and working across Ethex and with its partner organisations, the COO must make decisions pertinent to the operation of both platforms and ensure efficient and effective management of processes and people, to deliver against a growth strategy for Ethex and Energise Africa. There are five key strands to the role:
- Platform Compliance, Risk and Operations
- Organisational & Team Leadership
- Programme & Service Delivery
- Financial Management
- Business Risk Management / Body Corporate.
- Ability to perform at a senior operational level with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience leading significant budgets with diverse streams of income and expenditure
- Ideally with a financial or accounting background.
- Experience of working in a social investment or social sector or not-for-profit organisation
- Experience of working in a start-up/fin-tech environment
- ‘can-do’ attitude.
- We want to create a positive impact and make a difference in the world
- We love helping communities, social entrepreneurs and businesses in innovative ways
- We aim to provide excellent customer service and treat all our investors fairly
- We are a dynamic, professional and knowledgeable team with a friendly, can do attitude
- We are a small team that likes delivering big impact.