The deadline for applications is 9am 25 October.
Working in a small organisation with national reach, you will have a varied role with responsibility for our portfolio of events and leading our communications in line with our organisation’s strategy and objectives. The role will involve building and maintaining relationships with member organisations, potential collaborators, media and event sponsors, and liaising with partner organisations on developing cross-sector development opportunities for the sector.
- Producing engaging and accessible written content, newsletters and social media output to build the national profile of community energy and the impact of our work
- Maintaining and continually improving CEE’s website, social media and graphics/branding, progressively improving organisational understanding of what communications work for different audiences
- Actively seeking out news stories relevant to CEE member organisations and sharing good practice from across the sector
- Inputting into CEE’s communications strategy
- Assisting in data gathering and annual reporting of community energy activity.
Creating and managing CEE’s events. This will include:
- Helping to design event content in line with CEE’s core strategy and objectives
- Liaising with venues, speakers, exhibitors and delegates prior to, at, and after events
- Promoting events to potential delegates – including developing suitable promotional material
- Monitoring CEE’s overall events budget, ensuring costs are controlled and sufficient sponsorship income is obtained to generate a surplus from events funding
- Accurately and consistently analysing the performance of CEE events against our objectives and the broader organisational strategy, and building on this analysis to improve and enhance the events we offer and the efficiency of delivery
- Ensuring the events programme enhances CEE’s wider advocacy and member activity.
Relationship management and member support
- Building a strong knowledge of and relationships with our member base
- Supporting CEE to identify opportunities for and threats to member activities, including facilitating working groups to explore themed opportunities and threats
- Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders within and beyond our networks.
General and team working
- Contributing to organisational strategy, opportunities and challenges as a valued team member
- Leading on identified ad hoc projects to support the leadership team
- Deputising for the Projects & Operations Manager in their absence
- Representing CEE at relevant meetings and events
- Undertaking other duties appropriate to the post.
Please see the attached pack for more details and the application process.