Financial and administrative
- Manage effective financial processes, advise and give feedback to Regen team members on the development of their budgets, monitoring spend, and processing claims for payment
- Liaise with external payroll company to ensure monthly payroll and pensions are processed
- Take responsibility for and maintain accurate, retrievable and confidential records, including a register of Regen’s fixed assets
- Manage company accounts using Sage, reconcile income and expenditure to the bank balance and monitor cashflow
- Report on financial performance to the chief executive and board, providing timely assessment of performance against budgets
- Complete quarterly VAT returns and ensure all necessary records are accurately maintained under partial VAT exemption regulations
- Create monthly management accounts for the senior management team and quarterly finance papers for the board
- Prepare and process the year end accounts and liaise with auditors to complete annual audit to ensure that Regen’s systems meet expected standards
- Comply with statutory filing requirements for Companies House
- Ensure Regen maintains a professional interface with board members, partners, suppliers and customers
- Provide financial information and support on grant bids and project claims
- Manage the administrative aspects of project processes
- Support the chief executive in reviewing contracts and maintain records of all contracts
- Manage the accounts assistant
- Create and process sales invoices
- Chase unpaid invoices and manage the sales ledger
- Register, process and settle purchase invoices and manage the purchase ledger
- Manage expense claims and journals to the nominal ledger
- Oversee the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Assist with production of financial reports
- Support finance manager and provide information to the team
- Assist with improving and maintaining current financial systems.
We are seeking a motivated person with financial experience, preferably educated to degree level and/ or accounting qualification. We are also keen to hear from applicants with a strong background in finance.
- Educated to degree level or accounting qualification
- Experience of working with senior managers and board members
- Substantial experience in managing electronically-based accounting systems and creating financial reports from spreadsheets, preferably with an accounting qualification (such as AAT, experience of Sage useful)
- Understanding of partial VAT exemption status
- Experience in financial reporting
- Proven track record of overseeing the management of financial resources with the ability to plan and organise own and others’ workload
- Substantial experience in project management and budgeting
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with other team members Experience in dealing with project contracts.
- Accounting qualification and/or proven experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of administrative processes and systems
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate discretion at all times
- Experience of team working
- Good interpersonal skills
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation
- Flexible approach to work, with the ability to deal with a multitude of tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to work occasional unsocial hours and to travel as required
- Commitment to sustainable energy and developing ‘greener’ approaches to office work.
Interested candidates should send a CV with a short covering letter outlining their suitability for the role to Katrina Jackson email@example.com. Please include your name and the job you are applying for in the subject line. The cover letter should include a statement explaining your interest in why you wish to work at Regen.
There is no closing date for this post and CVs will be reviewed as they are received.
All applications will be acknowledged, but only exceptional candidates will be interviewed. Interviewed candidates will be asked to make a short presentation.