- Managing day-to-day business operations
- Managing external contracts.
- Managing employees
- Managing BEC's Community Benefit distribution
- Reporting to & supporting the Board
- Link person to externally run part-owned companies.
Managing day-to-day business operations
- Managing all operational BEC assets & their associated contracts. (Note: There are contracts in place for technical asset management of BEC’s larger assets)
- Monitoring asset performance and trouble-shooting as necessary
- Managing all associated business tasks such as insurance, asset register upkeep, etc.
- Managing office functions
- Managing IT functionality. Company governance and company secretarial role
- Assisting the Board in maintaining Primary Rules, Policies and Risk Register
- Managing Investor processes and associated external Registry contract. (Note: Communications Manager and external Bookkeeping/ Accountancy contract involved in delivery)
Managing external contracts
- Bright Renewables asset management contract
- Clean Energy Prospector & Simtricity
- Ethex investor registry contract
- Quartet Foundation (Megawatt community benefit fund)
- Citrus HR
- Advo payroll.
- Line management & job reviews
- Recruitment to existing and new posts
- Specific initiatives e.g., Internships, Volunteer program.
Managing BEC's Community Benefit distribution
- Managing the Megawatt fund and implementation of other initiatives directed by the Board
- Reporting on the yearly community benefit cycle.
Reporting to & supporting the Board
- Reporting to the Board on a regular basis and attending Board meetings as necessary
- Participation in business planning and strategy.
Link person to externally run part-owned companies
- Bright Renewables
- Community Owned Asset Management
- Microgrid Foundry. ESCOs. Knowledge/E