PPS is an ambitious and forward thinking organisation; this is evident through the delivery of many UK firsts’, including the development of one of the largest grid connected solar farm at Wroughton Science Museum, the UK’s first solar farm funded by Council Solar bonds, the first green energy innovative ISA at Chapel Solar Farm and the first Solid Recovered Fuel Plant which uses household waste as its primary feedstock. We are passionate about our social roots; this is evident in our business model which is focused on delivering renewable energy solutions to the public sector. Despite our social grounding, the company is firmly focused on business success, and is at the forefront of new emerging technologies and markets across both waste and power.
In order to continue to meet these challenges, PPS is seeking to appoint two Independent Non-Executive Directors to the Board. One of these candidates will also take the role of Board Chair.
We are seeking candidates who have broad exposure in leading strategy development, and have experience in identifying and introducing emerging technologies and new business opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Board and Company that is at the forefront of innovation and emerging technologies, and is an opportunity to provide social benefits through our ownership and target market.
The anticipated time commitment is a minimum of 15 days per year with a 3-year term (after which the appointment may be renewed). This will include attendance at a monthly Board Meeting, Chairing and attending Sub-Committee Meetings and attendance at an annual Board Away Day.
Total remuneration is in the region of £10,000 per annum. This will include a day rate payment for attendance at Board Meetings, Sub-Committee Meetings and other meetings as dictated by the role and a one-off annual payment for Chairing the Board and Sub-Committee Meetings. NEDs are compensated for reasonable expenses incurred in connection with the role, these will be paid in-line with HMRC guidelines.
Candidates will have some or all the following attributes:
- Experience of Chairing a Board
- Senior Executive and/or Non-Executive experience at Board Level
- Senior experience in a commercial business environment
- Exposure and understanding of emerging technologies in either waste and / or power
- An ability to bring independent judgement on key strategic issues, commercial challenge and new ideas on emerging technologies and market entry
- An understanding of the market and how to unlock opportunities
- An understanding of accounting and finance, including the ability to read and interpret a set of accounts
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders including the public-sector clients, political parties, and the commercial sectors including delivery partners and funders
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for this role to:Apply Now