- A can-do attitude and proven ability to work independently and in teams. Although you will be supervised and managed, Selce and SE24 staff do not have the capacity to ‘show you what to do’. This is a role for an effective self-starter – someone who can work on their own initiative and seek guidance where necessary.
- Demonstrable experience of partnership working (ideally in the context of the community sector). You will be working with the community and local authority partners who are very time pressured and who face multiple competing priorities. Your role will be to understand the needs of partners and make the renewables or LED project their priority
- Experience in solar PV asset management. You will either have some theoretical understanding of maximising solar yield and practical experience of this. Ideally, you will understand how to submit meter readings, interpret the output of remote monitoring systems and be prepared to develop excel based tools for improving our asset management processes. OR alternatively, you will have demonstrable experience of LED Retrofit Projects: you will have experience of conducting lighting surveys, procuring contractors and overseeing the implementation
- Demonstrable understanding or experience of financial modeling for renewables or LED projects. You will be familiar with Excel and the basic tenets of financial modeling. Ideally, you will be familiar with financial modeling in the context of community share capital
- Excellent written communication skills. A large part of your work will be to convey technical issues to non-experts (premises managers, potential shareholders). The ability to communicate clearly and effectively on multiple levels to a variety of audiences is essential
- Social media skills: A familiarity with and excitement about social media is will enable you to identify sites, potential shareholders and demonstrate the successes of projects.