Duties will include -
- Maintain an overview of the organisation's finances, ensuring that the organisation is operating within its means and within legal frameworks
- Advise on the financial implications of strategic plans, and provide assurance to the board that there are adequate resources to meet the organisation's present and future needs
- Support the development of the organisation's financial strategy
- Ensure that the accounts are prepared and disclosed in the form required by funders and regulatory bodies and scrutinised in the manner required and any recommendations implemented
- Approve payments to creditors
- Present the accounts at the AGM
- Participate in operational matters from time to time.
- Some experience of not-for-profit or voluntary sector accounts
- Financial qualifications and experience
- Willingness to be available to staff for advice and guidance
- An understanding of the legal duties and responsibilities of a treasurer
- A commitment to and willingness to work in accordance to work in accordance with our principles and values
- Independent thinker, good judgement and analytical skills
- Openness and enthusiasm for working digitally
- Ability to ‘translate’ financial information into accessible language.
Please see the attached description for more information and to apply please complete the expression of interest form and return to Charlotte Heywood.