The fifth Community Energy conference was held on 24th June 2017 at the Renold Building, University of Manchester, jointly hosted with Co-operative Energy.
This year the conference was titled ‘Powering Together - taking control of the energy revolution' and was the launch event for Community Energy Fortnight 2017, which was also sponsored by Co-operative Energy.
The Conference explored not only successful current projects, but also new business models and technologies. Questions covered on the day included…
- What role can local government play?
- How are planning obstacles overcome?
- How will the crowd-sourcing of finance change?
- Do demand management and storage provide radical new options?
- Do we need to accept that we will soon live in post-subsidy world?
You can see a full review of the day, including pictures here and download all the presentations below.