Welcome to the How To section of our website.
Here you will find lots of information, advice and resources about a wide range of topics related to community energy. The aim is for you to work through the Guide in sections that are relevant to you. Topics covered are to help groups just starting out in community energy, as well as more experienced practitioners. Some introductory quick action links are also available here:
- Taking action on solar
- Taking action on fuel poverty and energy efficiency
- Getting started with community energy - new 2023 guide and steps available
- Finding funding
Adding your resources to our pages
Did you know? The How To pages and website receive thousands of monthly views! If you have further resources which you wish to share and include on these pages - please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before sending your email, please check our How To Guide criteria:
- Please include an explanation on why this is an excellent resource
- We ask for resources that have been created in the past three years
- Resources must be free to access
- Documents are a maximum of 30 pages or 1.5 hours (for webinars or videos)
- Please suggest which How To page you think the resources will fit into
Final thank you
We remain grateful to Westmill Solar Co-operative and Friends Provident Foundation for generous funding to help with creation of How To. We also thank the Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and MCS Charitable Foundation for funding to update these pages in 2022-2023.