Please join us at the launch of a new report into the benefits of community-owned energy schemes. The free webinar is part of Community Energy Fortnight on the 18th June from 10:00 to 11:30.
The evidence-based study concludes that investing in local, community-owned renewable energy generation projects can deliver better value for money for a local economy than purchasing similar energy from a traditional commercial provider. The report was completed by CAG Consultants and is based on Treasury Green Book compliant methodology to determine the socio-economic benefits.
The report was commissioned by Devon County Council and the South West Energy Partnership which is part of the European Local Energy Assistance programme. The webinar is supported by the AgroRES project.
We're very grateful to be joined at the webinar by a panel of experts to discuss the report’s findings and its potential to stimulate further community projects.
To register please click here.
- Welcome by Cherilyn Mackroy MP, representing the Environmental Audit Committee
- The Report Findings by Bill Kirkup, Dave Lawrence and Mary Anderson, CAG Consultants
- Review of the Report with the Panel:
- Emma Bridge, CEO at Community Energy England
- Jake Burnyeat, Managing Director at Communities for Renewables
- Matthew Clayton, Managing Director at Thrive Renewables
- Patrick Allcorn, Head of Local Energy at Department at BEIS
- Q&A with delegates, speakers and panellist’s
This webinar is part of the AgroRES project which is funded by Interreg Europe and aims to develop measures that encourage the production and use of renewable energy in the agricultural and rural sector.