The UK is hosting a major international climate summit, known as COP26, in Glasgow in November. The Community Energy Together For Our Planet Partnership was formed to demonstrate why and how local and democratically owned community energy is an essential part of the UK response to the climate emergency.
Your role will be to support that partnership and to work alongside other key networks such as The Climate Coalition to: raise the UK’s ambition at COP26, particularly related to community energy, and; to support local movement building, creating a focal point for local groups to work together and feed into ongoing network building.
You will work with CEE’s Chief Executive and will cultivate relationships with stakeholders and build momentum to ensure the community energy message is heard by decision makers and the wider public.
- Work with the Community Energy Together For Our Planet Partnership, The Climate Coalition and their networks to coordinate a series of climate change events and to develop key messages, campaigns and case studies in advance of the COP 26 climate conference.
- Support CEE’s Chief Executive to effectively chair and collate the activities of the COP26 Community Roundtable.
- Help to develop influencing strategies for UK, devolved and regional governments related to community energy and climate action.
- Support community energy and climate change advocates to deliver a credible presence at the COP26 event.
- Develop relationships with key partners and stakeholders, laying a strong foundation for continued local/regional level organising and networks post COP26.
- Be responsible for administration relating to the programme, maintaining efficient records and generally be self-servicing.