We are looking for a Policy & Advocacy Manager to work with the Chief Executive to design and deliver impactful advocacy, policy and engagement strategies for the UK community energy sector. The role will lead on coordinating and drafting policy positions for community energy and cultivating relationships with influential champions and stakeholders, across the private, public and community sectors.
The position will work closely with our members to develop a strong knowledge of the sector’s activities, opportunities and challenges. You will also represent CEE within external coalitions and networks related to energy, climate change, community action and social enterprise to increase the profile of and commitment to community energy.
This is a new post with some flexibility related to location and working patterns (see the attached job description for more information). It is anticipated that you will attend regular meetings in London, with occasional travel to other parts of the country including monthly travel to CEE’s office in Sheffield.
- Researching, analysing and producing briefings on policy and regulatory developments
- Working with members to agree policy positions and consultation responses
- Developing and supporting policy networks and working groups
- Engaging with key stakeholders such as members, civil servants, special advisers, regulators, academics, journalists, politicians, coalitions and trade associations to raise the profile of and commitment to community energy
- Presenting policy positions to officials, politicians and opinion formers
- Representing CEE on advisory groups and at events
- To undertake such other appropriate functions as may be required to ensure the effective operation of the association.
For full details of person specification, benefits and terms, please see the attached job description.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity please send your CV and covering letter demonstrating your suitability; showing how you meet each of the key requirements and why you are interested in this role to email@example.com with your name and job title in the subject line.
Closing date for applications will be 1 March. Late submissions will not be considered.
All applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. Interviews will be held on 20 March in London.
CEE is committed to equality and fairness for all in our employment. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination and will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexuality, religion or age.