Over £760,000 to be distributed through Ofgem Redress Scheme to support CEE members with the delivery of their energy reduction projects
Over £760,000 of the latest round of Ofgem Redress Scheme funding has been allocated to CEE members, which marks a significant step in the community energy sector accessing this important source of funds. Redress funding was opened to community businesses in 2022, after concerted lobbying by CEE for the inclusion of the community energy sector. We are delighted to see members now accessing the funding and we hope this success will encourage other community energy organisations to apply for funding and expand their activities.
Congratulations to our members who have been awarded funding in this round:
- Bath & West Community Energy - Bath & West Home Energy - £156,577.85
- Charge my Street - Solar Charging Homes Without Driveways - £106,051.37
- Dorset Community Energy - Energy Local Bridport Solar Array - £62,875.00
- Repowering Limited - Unlocking Retrofit for Blocks of Flats - £95,978.50
- Southern Staffordshire Community Energy - Solar for Social Impact - £193,620.78
- Plymouth Energy Community Trust - Warm Homes - £160,184.84
It is important to note that 5 of these 6 members have successfully accessed the smaller Redress funds. The Main Fund (£3 million of the latest £5 million funding found) remains restricted to registered charities, preventing most community energy organisations applying. CEE continues to lobby Ofgem to open up the Main Fund to community businesses, so the funding can boost the valuable work community energy organisations do to support households most at risk from fuel poverty and energy inefficient housing.
Read more about our policy asks here.
The Ofgem Redress Scheme is designed to ensure that penalties levied on energy companies for rule violations are channelled into initiatives that benefit energy consumers, in particular projects aimed at reducing energy consumption and promoting sustainable practices throughout the country.
A full list of awarded funding is available here.