Could you be Community Energy England's new treasurer?
We have a great opportunity to become involved in the governance of community energy's membership network and representative body.
This year our treasurer is stepping down, so we are particularly keen to encourage new potential directors who have accountancy/financial expertise and willingness to take up the treasurer role.
We would like to thank Mark Luntley for his service to CEE during his time on the board.
The role involves:
- You must be an authorised representative of a CEE member organisation
- Attendance at four board meetings per year - online, 3 hours, Weds afternoons
- Chair the board's finance committee - four online 1 hour meetings per year
- Review finance & risk papers and discuss with co-CEO ahead of board meetings
- Assist with/review annual accounts production
You will become a key part of CEE's governance, working with our board of experienced practitioners and stakeholders to help our organisation be sustainable and successful and keep working on behalf of the community energy sector. Directors are offered £1,000 annual remuneration, subject to CEE’s finances being sufficiently healthy.
How to apply:
If you are interested in stand as a director/treasurer, please email Philip Coventry (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, photo, organisation and (150 words max) your aspirations for CEE, the board, and your proposed contribution, by 30 June. If you would like to discuss what would be involved prior to submitting your application, please speak to Philip or any of our current board members.
Elections will take place at the CEE AGM on 3 July (online) - register to attend here.