State of the Sector 2022
The survey is now open and will remain open until 18 March; please get your 2021 data ready and complete the survey as soon as you can. Even if you haven't completed a project yet or didn't start anything new in 2021, your response is still valuable.
What's different this year?
Once again we are working with Community Energy Scotland and Wales to prepare this year's State of the Sector Survey covering the entire UK. This year Victoria Mackay from CES is managing the project, which we are running in-house rather than using consultants.
We are grateful for member feedback on the survey. In response, we have:
- Simplified the survey to make it as short as possible
- Used SurveyMonkey, a platform we think will be more straightforward
- Further refined questions to make them as clear as possible
- Tested a draft survey with a focus group of community energy organisations
- Planned to make the survey questions available to download so you can prepare your answers/data before you need to input them to the survey
Why is State of the Sector important?
Gathering data on the community energy sector is vital to enable our work representing and supporting our members. Last year's report has been used by the Environmental Audit Committee, was cited in the government's Net Zero Strategy and has been referenced by numerous MPs, such as in debates about local supply/the Local Electricity Bill.
The more accurate and comprehensive our data, the more effectively we can explain the sector's impact and potential to policy makers and stakeholders. We thank you all in advance for your part in this important sector-wide project.