Power to Change has been supporting innovative community-led energy projects and business models through our Next Generation programme.
Now, at the start of Community Energy Fortnight, we are delighted to share with you some of the learning from five of our innovation projects. All the information can be accessed here. Or to access information on particular projects, please use the links below.
- CREW Energy aims to use community ownership of renewable heat to tackle three issues in society: climate change, fuel poverty and air quality. They aim to achieve their goals through education, outreach, community funding, delivery and maintenance of heat networks and renewable heating systems. Case study - Introductory video - Detailed Innovation Lab Video
- Plymouth Energy Community is working to deliver community led, net zero carbon affordable housing with a view to incorporating stacked energy service business models that deliver electricity, heat and mobility into housing development. Case study - Introductory video
- Gloucestershire Community Energy Cooperative is working with Stroud District Council to enable installation of heatpumps in council owned properties. Case study - Introductory video
- Carbon Coop is establishing a Community Energy Data Co-operative for their members in Greater Manchester, creating a replicable business model featuring services enabled by the analysis and processing of large amounts of members’ home energy and behavioural data. Case study - Introductory video - Detailed Innovation Lab Video
- Bath and West Community Energy are working with Stemy Energy on a community centred approach to building a network of small consumers, able to offer flexibility services to their local DNO. Case study - Introductory video
We hope these materials prove useful and would be delighted if you would share these resources with your network.
If you’d like any further information on the Next Generation programme, please contact Will Walker at Power to Change (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rachel Haycock at CSE (email@example.com).