Getting started with community energy
Across the country more groups, communities, and institutions are getting excited about community energy.
We recommend all new and emerging groups get started with these pages and the NEW 2023 GUIDE created by Community Energy South, Community Energy England and commissioned by Lancashire County Council and The Net Zero Hubs. This guide will give you the overview of the latest national resource and links across the Community Energy England website. Downloadable version of the guide below.
Across the guide and these pages, it will help you begin with the below starters.
- Deciding what project you want to do
- Registering your organisation- if you need to become one
- Finding funding and investment advertsing - including share offers
- Designing and planning your project
- Considering wider ethical issues
- Key national, regional and local resources