Share offers/investment options
Community energy organisations usually need to obtain finance or investment to facilitate the implementation of their energy projects.
Guidance and share offers
- The Community Shares Unit has a handbook covering legal requirements and voluntary good practice standards for share offers
- Ethex is a platform for listing community shares; they have guidance about obtaining investment here.
- We publicise current share offers from our members.
Organisations that can help
Various members of Community Energy England provide services to support other organisations to develop and complete projects. They then offer ongoing support such as member management and governance.
- How Communities for Renewables help to raise investment
- How Energy4All's development model
- How Social and Sustainable Capital invests in community energy
Community Energy England is neither qualified nor authorised to offer investment advice. Nor has it vetted or endorsed any of the opportunities shown on this website. Those interested in participating should make their own assessment of each offer, should take note of any risk factors described in the documents, and may wish to take independent financial advice.