Next Generation case studies, learning and webinars
Next Generation is working with 11 organisations to develop and test new business models on behalf of the community energy sector. The project aims to create a step change in the development of genuinely sustainable, financially viable and innovative community businesses, helping to raise the profile of place-based community energy activity with policy-makers and industry. The initiative is funded by Power to Change, the independent trust that supports community businesses in England and is a funder of Community Energy England.
You can read about the organisations involved in Next Generation here.
Next Generation has collected their key learning so far on this page, including introductory webinars on starting a community energy organisation. We are working with Next Generation to develop and distribute more learning as the project continues.
In collaboration with Community Energy England, the project has produced a series of inspiring Innovation Lab webinars featuring sector-leading community energy organisations, which you can watch below.
- Next Generation Innovation Lab - C.H.E.E.S.E. (energy efficiency)
- Next Generation Innovation Lab - Nadder Community Energy, EV car club
- Next Generation Innovation Lab - CREW Energy
- Next Generation Community Solar Webinars: The Low Carbon Hub Model
- Next Generation Innovation Lab - Energy Local
- Next Generation Innovation Lab - Brighton Energy Co-op
- Next Generation Innovation Lab - Low Carbon Hub