Designing and developing your project
Developing your idea
Deciding your vision and what type of renewable energy project to pursue is the first step in Community Energy London's project development guide and where your group needs to begin in your journey. Deciding your activities can be very dependent on where you live and what opportunities are available in the sector at the time, so don't be worried if your goals and projects take time to form.
To help you with developing ideas, CEE has collated a number of key resources:
- Community Energy London - Project Development Guide (seperate from CEL's Getting Started Guide)
- CEE -New National Map database & dedicated pages on various technologies (solar, wind, efficiency etc)
- Local Energy Scotland - Community energy toolkit, with project options and business planning tools.
- Centre for Sustainable Energy- Great resource bank on technologies and energy project planning.
As you begin developing sites, some other resources which may help you include:
- PowerPaired and PureLeapfrog - toolkit with 20+ template legal documents covering a range of technologies. Free to download but requires user registeration.
- Solar for Schools (CEE Member)- national search tool for finding feasible solar schools sites (download below)
- Temple Bright - a useful guide about Environmental Impact Assessments within projects (download below).